Lobuche Peak Climbing
The Lobuche Mountain consists of two different summits, viz. East and West with heights of 6,119 m and 6,145 m respectively. A continuous ridge connects them but there is still a sharp gap and a considerable distance between them. The East Peak is recognised as a trekking peak, whereas the West is known as an Expedition Peak.
Lobuche being an attractive mountain offers various existing routes and also a potential for new ones. The dark triangle of its rocky East face rises over the moraines of the Khumbu Glacier to a spectacular skyline, forming the south ridge.
The peak of Lobuche East is reached by descending a marked notch and climbing steep snowy slopes to the top. On most occasions, the mountain is climbed on the summit ridge only as far as a subsidiary snow summit, south?east of the true peak and before the notch. This peak is identified as the false peak. Laurence Nielson and Ang Gyalzen Sherpa made the first ascent to Lobuche East on 25 April 1984 although there are possibilities that others have reached the summit before. But no records are available.
Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu
Day 02: Stay in Kathmandu for the official procedure
Day 03: Fly from Ktm/Lukla (2,834 m) & trek to phakding (2,611)
Day 04: Trek to Namche bazaar.
Day 05: Namche overnight acclimatization, over night.
Day 06: Namche overnight for acclimatization.
Day 07: Trek to Tengboche.
Day 08: Trek to Dingboche.
Day 09: Dingboche rest.
Day 10: Trek to Chukung.
Day 11: Hike Chhukung Ri and back to Chhukung
Day 12: Trek to Dingboche
Day 13: Trek to Lobuche
Day 14: Trek to Lobuche base camp
Day 15: Lobuche base camp
Day 16: Base camp to Lobuche high camp
Day 17: Summit Day
Day 18: Lobuche base camp
Day 19: Trek to Tyangboche
Day 20: Trek to Namche
Day 21: Trek to Lukla
Day 22: Fly back to Kathmandu
Day 23: Rest in Kathmandu
Day 24: Your own destination
- All domestic flight, hotel/airport transfer
- Hotel in Kathmandu
- Rock climbing or sightseeing course in Kathmandu, if required
- All ground transportation by private vehicles
- All accommodations in / tent / camp/ lodge/guesthouse and all meals during the trekking and climbing
- Down jacket, 4 seasonal sleeping bag & group mountaineering gears
- Welcome on first day & farewell dinner on last day
- All porterages costs
- All cost for a Leader and sherpa, a sherpa assistance leader(s) and assistance Trek leader help each individuals while on trek
- All necessary paper works and permits
- Travel & Rescue arrangements
- Exclusive Medical Kit Bag
- All government and local taxes if necessary
- Visa fees/ International airfare to & from home city
- Excess baggage charges
- Lunch & evening meals in Kathmandu
- Personal mountaineering gears for the climbingTravel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses e.g. phone calls, laundry, bar bills & extra porters
- Tips for guides and porters